Applesauce Cupcake Recipe! ♥
• 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
• 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
• 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
• 1 cup of apple (finely chopped & peeled).
• 1/2 cup of walnuts (chopped).
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
• 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
• 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
• 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg (freshly grated).
• 2 large eggs.
• 1 1/2 cups of applesauce.
• 1/2 cup of butter (melted).
Step 1 - Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, butter, and applesauce. Mix for 2 minutes at slow speed. Scrape bowl. Mix at medium speed for 1 minute. Scrape bowl, and stir in chopped apples and walnuts.
Step 2 - Your oven should be preheated to 350 degrees. Spoon cupcake batter into cupcake pans lined with paper or foil cupcake liners. You should fill each cup approximately 1/2 to 2/3 full making sure you have the same amount of batter in each cup.
Step 3 - Bake your cupcakes for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the applesauce cupcakes from the pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
Step 4 - Top with caramel topping or frosting and enjoy!